Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS)Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) will alert pilots if their aircraft is in immediate danger of flying into the ground. Another common name for such a system is Terrain Awareness Warning System (TAWS).
The system monitors an aircraft's height above ground and calculates trends with reference to a worldwide digital terrain database. The system will then warn the crew with visual and audio messages if the aircraft is in certain defined flying configurations ("modes").
The modes are:
- Excessive descent rate ("PULL UP" "SINKRATE")
- Excessive terrain closure rate ("TERRAIN" "PULL UP")
- Altitude loss after take off ("DON'T SINK")
- Unsafe terrain clearance ("TOO LOW - TERRAIN" "TOO LOW - GEAR" "TOO LOW - FLAPS")
- Excessive deviation below glideslope ("GLIDESLOPE")
- Bank angle protection ("BANK ANGLE")
- Windshear protection ("WINDSHEAR")
If you require EGPWS for your aircraft, please don't hesitate to contact FlitePartners Ltd for initial discussion or complete our online proposal form and we will be in touch shortly.